Cottington Lakes has introduced some amendments to its rules. Anglers (and their guests) are required to familiarise themselves with the fishery rules, of which, the main changes are highlighted below and must be read in conjunction with the full rules available through the Anglers Kabin, via the noticeboard (outside the Kingfisher Café) and through the fishery website:
Any person wishing to fish at Cottington Lakes fishery or visiting another angler is responsible for ensuring that they are familiar with these rules, which are available through the Anglers Kabin, via the noticeboard (outside the Kingfisher Café) or through the fishery website.
* All anglers must possess a valid ticket.
* Anglers are permitted a maximum of one non-fishing guest at the lakeside. Guests must also possess a valid ticket.
* All anglers and their guests must park in the dedicated car parks only.
* All anglers and non-fishing guests without overnight tickets must leave the lakes site before the gates are locked. (Details of the times that the gates are locked are published at the main entrance and via the website.) Failure to do so may result in your being locked in overnight or being charged for a bailiff to attend and unlock the gate.
* Fishing (casting) is only permitted from the bankside at designated pegs only. Anglers must not cast from the water.
* Anglers are required to respect all signs located on the site.
* Where equipment is provided by the fishery (e.g. landing mats, nets etc.), its use is mandatory.
* Use of all leaders including lead core are prohibited.
* Anglers using carp rods must use a minimum of 24 inch tubing at all times (excl. zig or surface fishing.)
* Use of bread is strictly prohibited.
LAKES CHRISTINE / PEPPER RULES
* May only fish from pegs 1 – 16 on Lake Pepper. Bailiffs swim remains open for exclusive use by Cottington Lakes bailiffs at all times, unless at the express direction of Cottington Lakes Management.
* Retaining fish is strictly prohibited.